Girls got a cold



The lurgi has arrived in our house; Isabella started sneezing over the weekend and by Monday morning she had a full on mucus cough (sorry for the TMI), I knew it was only a matter of time before Martha caught it - and I was right. She was absolutely fine when I put her down for her nap on Monday afternoon but as soon as she woke up I knew she'd caught the cold as she had a runny nose. Since then she's had the same cough as Isabella.

I haven't taken her to the Doctors (cue the gasps of horror) as Martha is absolutely fine in herself, she isn't cranky or off her bottles or food. She's been crawling and rolling around the living room, sticking to her normal nap times and bed times. Our Surgery operates a walk-in system so I know if I suddenly think she needs to be seen then I only have a two minute drive and I'm there, but for now I'd rather have her home than risk her getting anything worse from sitting in the waiting room. 

Isabella has recently started play school for a couple of hours two days a week, up to now I've stayed at home just in case I get a phone call that she's crying for me to pick her up. She seems to have settled in well though and I think I'm going to use this time to have some 1 on 1 time with Martha. Osh was in school full time by the time Isabella was born so she would always have me to herself during the week; with the exception of her time in hospital (which I don't really think is fair to count) Martha hasn't really has me to herself. I'd really like to take her to some Baby Sensory classes, so if anyone knows where I'd find one locally please could you let me know, she really loved the sensory room when we were on Bear Ward.

I hope this doesn't come across as a pointless post, just had a sudden urge to blog.

GM
x







No comments

Post a Comment