Siblings || March 2017

As this post goes live I will be sat on the 07:22 train to London Euston. Only I won't be taking Martha to London, today I'm going for my own check-up.

I used to get nervous for my own ECHO's, I hated the thought of taking my top off and only having tissue paper to cover me...but I've signed my daughter up to a lifetime of this, so today I'll have to put my big girl knickers on and get on with it.


It's going to be another tough month for my amazing trio. Martha is having her pacemaker generator replaced next week which means another hospital admission that we need to get through. I'm hoping that if she can do Open Heart Surgery and be discharged after three days - that she'll do this one in-and-out within two days. But to be honest, as long as she makes it through I don't care how long it takes.

I had totally forgotten about needing a Siblings photo this month, but there was no way I was skipping it. So after breakfast yesterday morning I made them all snuggle on the sofa in their PJ's and dressing gown and took a photo quickly. Am I happy with the photos? NO!!! But once again they are real, this is life.

I've chosen the above photo as my "official" siblings photo because I love the way that Martha Grace has put her arm around Osh's neck and pulled him in for a kiss. I've said a few times before that even though the two girls are best mates and can play really well together...it's the bond between Osh and Martha that I really notice developing and seeing them become closer as time passes. I love how my three babies all have different relationships with each other that they have formed themselves.


I've totally cheated with the next few photos; they were taken at my birthday lunch back in February. I'm really struggling with the light reflecting in Isabella's glasses (she started wearing them last month) but I'm hoping to figure it out soon. Still, I love the pictures - they are from a special day.




Here's to hoping that next month I will have remembered to take a Siblings photo earlier than the day before and that we get half decent ones. 

Thank you all for your continued support while we nurse Martha Grace through another procedure. Being a Heart Family is tough.

GM
x



The Me and Mine Project

No comments

Post a Comment