Books for a more organised me in 2019

This year I am in the mood to sort my s**t out, properly. I'm 32 next month and I've had a tough time of it these past few months. I don't want to transform my life and lifestyle. All I really want is to be the best version of myself that I can be, as a wife, a mother, daughter, sister, granddaughter, friend, and also at work.

I had set myself a reading challenge for 2018, I started buying books from my local branch of the British Heart Foundation charity shop and for a couple of months, I did really well. But life got in the way and it was easier to fall asleep watching something on Netflix than it was to settle down in bed with a book after work.

So I'm starting this year off as I mean to go on. I've been bought some really great books for Christmas and one of my favourite YouTubers released a book last week that I can't wait to get stuck in to. I'm hoping that together, these 4 books will help me on my way and provide all the inspiration I need to start making the little changes to help me achieve the big difference.



1) Why Mummy Swears - Gill Simms
This book was a Christmas gift from Mark. I've read a couple of pages out of curiosity and it seems to be quite easy to get in to, quite informal and an easy read. I think this book will get me back in to reading in general and give the "I've just read a whole book" feeling of accomplishment when I'm done with it.

2) Calm - Fearne Cotton
Another Christmas gift from Mark (he clearly knows me better than I know myself) I'm a highly strung person and can go from 0-60mph in less than three seconds flat. I'm not happy unless I've got something to worry about and I've got that nervous butterflies feeling in my tummy constantly. I'll give anything a go so I'm keen to find out what I'll learn, hopefully, I can incorporate tips from the book into my daily routine - at home and at work.

3) An Edited Life - Anna Newton
This is the book I'm most looking forward to reading. I pre-ordered it the day it was announced and it finally arrived on Friday. I love lists and I love the idea of being organised. I want to be one of those people that wake up a soon as the alarm goes off and starts her day immediately, never running late and always leaves the house with everything she needs. I also want to schedule in more time for blogging; I say this every year but I notice such a difference in my mood when I don't blog regularly.

4) Hygge -Marie Tourell Soderberg
When I heard about the Hygge trend that was doing the rounds, I admit I was intrigued. I'm not very Mumsy, I don't do crafts with the kids and I don't bake or cook with them. But we love days out and picnics together, we love snuggling down with a Hot Chocolate and a film. Home should be a haven and we need to treat it as such. I'm hoping that once I've calmed myself down, made our lives and home more organised - then I'll be able to make the most of the time that we have together as a family.

So, I'm planning a decent bedtime tonight so that I can make a start on my reading pile. We've got a lovely day planned which will put me in a positive mood, will make me more willing to initiate the small changes that I need to make.

Wish me luck.

GM
x





No comments

Post a Comment