Siblings || November 2018

Trust me to make it to the end of the year to actually get my Siblings post up on time.

I can't believe I'm 31 and have a 12-year-old, a 7-year-old and a 5-year-old. How did they all get to grown up?

It's Isabella that's changing the fastest at the moment. It seems like she's gotten so much older since her birthday last month. She's 7, going on 17. The conversations we have, her love of music and shoes with heels, make-up. I can already see the teenager she will become.

Osh is not long back from a trip with the Urdd to Disneyland Paris. I was much better while he was away that I thought I'd be; he would text me each morning and night so I knew he was OK. It's an experience that he'll remember for a really long time and I'm so happy for him that he was able to go.

Martha is still enjoying being a little comedian, with her strength of character, her big sister's attitude and her Mother's sarcasm - she is a force to be reckoned with.

The kids are back in school after a lovely half term off. We had a few little days out and Osh had a great time at Disneyland Paris with the Urdd. But we've settled back into a routine nicely. I love this time of year so much. On the days where I'm not working or have finished in time to collect them from school, we get home and settle down in front of a Christmas film (or the Gavin & Stacey Christmas Special) with hot chocolate and biscuits. The weather has been terrible recently and I feel so cosy snuggling up inside with them. This is what I missed when we were in GOSH through almost all of winter 2013, being at home with the children.






We got home on Monday and watched Arthur Christmas. We just snapped a photo quickly before the film started, on the sofa in the lounge. It's not always about the pretty background, sometimes it's just about the moment and for me, this little moment was everything I would have sold my soul for in November and December 2013.

With the good news that we were given at our last appointment at Great Ormond Street Hospital, here's to many more cosy afternoons at home.

GM
x




The Siblings Project - Dear Beautiful

No comments

Post a Comment