January - my "free trial month"

2019 is the year I get my s**t together. I turn 32 this month and I may still feel like a 17-year old, I need to realise that I'm not.

I set myself 4 books to read to help me on my way and I've finished my first book. I've been writing myself daily to-do lists in the notes section of my phone, I've drawn up a spreadsheet to track my personal spending, been using my Filofax for organising my shifts and kids appointments and I've been using a blog planner to get myself into a routine for blogging.
It's not been the overnight success I assumed it would be. I don't feel more organised and like I'm the Mam who has it all sorted. But I can see where the small changes are heading in the right direction. So that's why I'm treating January like my "free trial" month for 2019. I needed a month to see if I could do it, to see if I could implement any of the changes that I wanted to make and if the changes would actually make a difference to our lives.

Snuggling up in bed with a book instead of scrolling Instagram has been a lovely change. I'll start reading Fearne Cotton's "Calm" tonight which I'm looking forward to as I'm a very anxious person and I struggle to wind down if something is worrying me. Then I become very snappy with everyone.

I've been out a handful of times for a jog using the "Couch to 5k" app. The thought of going out in the cold fills me with dread but afterwards, I feel really good and so far it's not been as difficult as I thought it would be. I just need to learn to stop trying to sing along to the music playing through my headphones because it's a complete waste of my energy.

Now we're in February it's time to step things up a gear. I've even been emptying out my e-mail inbox, I've bought a new handset and haven't uploaded half the apps I used to have on the old phone so that I have less distraction. I wanted to be the best version of myself that I can be and I know that I'm not there yet, but slowly slowly catchy monkey and all that. I can only improve, right?

GM
x





No comments

Post a Comment