A year of National Trust membership

My Best Friend, Jemma and I always say that now we've become National Trust members we can officially say we are grown-ups. Forget that we both have mortgages, husbands and children - its the little cards we carry in our purses on family days out that prove we are fully fledged adults.

Both Mark and I love going to museums, we love learning about the history of places. The kids and I love picnics and going for walks and generally being outdoors. We signed up online in March 2018 and have been paying £10 per month for the past 12 months. Ours automatically renewed for another year a couple of weeks ago and the price has gone up to £10.50 per month. That takes the price up to £126 for the 5 of us.

That sounds expensive, but for comparison, the family entry fee to Bodnant Gardens a couple of weeks ago would have set me back £35.00. Unfortunately, at that price, a lot of places wouldn't have been on my radar as I couldn't justify spending that much to only spend a couple of hours there. But with our membership, I don't mind a flying visit. We've ventured further afield on a few occasions, I don't mind that we're spending on the fuel to get there because once we get there it's free to park and free to get in.

Our membership has meant that we've been to places that we might not even have thought of visiting before. Here are a few of the places we've visited over the past year.

Plas Newydd
Penrhyn Castle

Bodnant Gardens

Erddig
Chirk Castle


I have a list of places on the App that I plan to visit this year, days out with friends while Mark is at work or days out for the 5 of us over the summer holidays. I'm looking forward to taking tons more photos of the kids up against a stunning scenery and backdrops.

GM
x



No comments

Post a Comment